Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
***Drop-Off in the morning…***
· Students can be dropped off on Indianapolis or Harvard* starting at 7:05 a.m.
· Students will go to the gym and be seated with their class. If they would like to purchase breakfast, they may go to the cafeteria first.
· Teachers will pick-up their classes from the gym at 7:20 and walk them to their classrooms.
· The tardy bell rings at 7:30.
o Please do not park and get out of your car. Stay in one single line on the school side of Indianapolis heading south. Do not park on the East side of the street or stop in the middle of the street.
o Have students get out of your car on the passenger side. Students will go up the stairs into the 1st & 2nd grade hallway and go to the gym or cafeteria.
o Please do not park and get out of your car. Stay in one single line on the school side of Harvard heading north. Do not park in between the “No Parking Signs.”
o Have students get out of your car on the passenger side.
o Please be aware that the traffic on Harvard is beyond our control and there will be no adults supervising along Harvard. We recommend that young students be dropped off on Indianapolis for their safety.
If you need to walk your child in the building in the morning, please park your car across the street on Harvard and use the cross walk to safely cross the street.
***Pick-Up in the afternoon…***
19th Street - Pre-k and kindergarten students and their siblings will be dismissed on 19th Street.
- Pre-k and K parents will need to park on 19th street (by the Pizza Hut) and walk up the stairs then down the sidewalk to pick up their student. For kindergarten pick up, follow the sidewalk to the left. The kindergarten team asks that you wait by the tree by the sidewalk so you can be seen from the dismissal point. For Pre-K pick up, follow the sidewalk straight. The Pre-K door will be on your left.
Indianapolis – All 1st-5th Grade Students will be dismissed to Indianapolis.
o Parents should park in a single line along the right side of Indianapolis. Please pull up as close to the person in front of you as possible.
o Please display your placard from last year. If you do not have one, please contact Kathy Nowlin as soon as possible. Her email address is email@example.com
o Your student will be brought to your car. Please do not get out of your vehicle.
o Once your child is out of the car, please wait until the cars in front of you drive away before going.
o Please be patient with us as we learn everyone’s cars again. This will take time to get down, but it will soon be a quick process.
Harvard will only be used for parents that walk to pick-up their students. No students will be dismissed to get in parents cars parked on Harvard.
Daycare buses will pick up students in the parking lot off of 17th st.