Come and get active with lanier!
We are always looking for Volunteers and PTA/Club participants!
Lanier PTA Facebook
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
LANIER ELEMENTARY PARENT INVOLVEMENT PLAN
Lanier Elementary shall promote parent involvement as mandated by Title 1, No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and work as equal partners with parents in providing quality learning experiences for every student, every day, without exception.
Lanier Elementary believes and acknowledges that parent involvement raises the academic achievement level of student. Additionally, parent become empowered, teacher morale improves and communities grow stronger when parents take an active role in educating their children. To this end, Lanier Elementary shall involve parents in the education of their children at all grade levels.
BUILDING PARENTS CAPACITY FOR INVOLVEMENT:
Lanier Elementary believes that empowering parents to insist on continuous academic improvement and offering parents options regarding their children’s education helps the district to achieve its vision of “Excellence and High Expectations with a Commitment to All”. As a result of this vision, Lanier shall create an environment of supportive and collaborative parent involvement.
- Program information for parents: Lanier Elementary shall provide assistance to parents of all children in understanding such topics as the the state’s academic requirement of Title 1, Part A, No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and how to monitor their child's progress and work with educators to improve their achievement.
- Materials and Training: Lanier Elementary shall provide materials and training, such as literacy training and training on how to use technology, to help parents work with their children to improve achievement.
- Educate Educators: Lanier Elementary shall educate teachers, and other staff, with the assistance of parents, in the utility of contributions of parents, and in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs and build ties between parents and the school.
- Preschool Coordination: Lanier Elementary shall “to the extent feasible and appropriate”, coordinate and integrate parental involvement programs with Head Start, Even Start, and other preschool programs, and conduct other activities, such as parent resource centers that encourage and support parents in more fully participation in the education of their children.
- Understandable Communication: Lanier Elementary shall ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to the parents of all children in a format, and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents can understand.
- Other Requested Activities: Lanier Elementary shall provide such other reasonable support for parental involvement activities as parents may request.
Other strategies that Lanier Elementary will employ to increase parental involvement include after school opportunities such as Family Literacy Nights, PTA sponsored events, and music programs. Additional opportunities include assemblies, events, and celebrations during the school day.
This Policy is in accordance with Public Law 107-110
No Child Left Behind
Section 1118-Title Parental Involvement
Approved September 28, 2018
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.